History of Museum Mors

The museum was founded in 1901 as Morsland's Historical Museum.

In 1909, the museum bought the old main building from Dueholm Manor, which was also the only existing building from Dueholm Monastery. The exhibition started in the knight's hall, but slowly spread to the rest of the building over the next 30 years. Today, the entire building is used for exhibitions.

Until the 1980s, the museum only consisted of a local history museum, but that changed in 1988, when the Fossil and Moclay Museum was established. The new museum found its home in converted stable buildings on a farm near the area of the old Moclay Industry. The museum contains a large and fantastic collection of fossils found in the Moclay on Mors.

In 1993, Morsø Iron Foundry finally moved its production out of the old factory buildings in Nykøbing. The large factory complex was subsequently thoroughly changed, and today the Foundry Museum is housed on two floors in one of the old and beautiful foundry buildings. Museum Mors also runs Morsø Local History Archive. The archive is housed in Dueholm Dairy, which is next door to Dueholm Monastery.





vandmaerke vandmaerke